Episode 48, Series 4
We begin by introducing the subject matter for our next, short reading. What is the Church? How does the Bible speak of the Church. Is it an ungathered gathering? Is there a Scriptural distinction between types of Churches? (e.g. Universal or Local?) Where did the concept of the Universal Church come from? It later gained a separate modification of “invisible” – where did that come from? If the Universal Church does exist, how do the rules of Church discipline apply to it? How does Scripture address the whole of believers in every age?
In our analysis we’ll take special notice of concepts such as General/Abstract and Specific/Particular. And close by taking note of what Ecclesia (Ekklesia) cannot mean.
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.