Episode 15, Series 2
The Christian Sabbath #9
In our Podcast, we’ll start by reviewing the interesting history surrounding and proceding the First Nicaean Council and the eventual slide of the Empire and the Catholic Church into Arianism. We’ll discuss the fact that essential to Biblical concepts are Biblical foundations, not philosophical terms.
As we get to our final reading in the Christian Sabbath, we’ll discover the need of the Sabbath to maintain a good and healthy society, with special focus on the spiritual aspect of our beings.
In our closing discussion we’ll discuss the nature of the importance of “early church writings” sometimes (wrongly) called the writings of the “fathers.” And we’ll close by hearing from a voice of the past, a circular letter from a Baptist brother, encouraging us to keep holy the Sabbath day. A careful listener will notice just how often the same themes and admonitions occur.
Subscribe to this Podcast! RSS Feed
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.