Episode 20, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #5
Today is St. Patrick’s day! Far from being about Green or certain beverages, this day heralds a great evangelist who knew nothing of Roman Catholicism. Let’s examine the religious context of the British Island, by examining Isaiah 11 and especially a person mentioned in Romans 16:10. Who is Aristobulus? This will set the stage for the religious context in which Patrick was raised, in Southern Scotland, what relationship his family had with Christianity, and what Patrick believed and taught. Next, we’ll discuss when the Catholics did finally show up in Britain and what they did to “Convert” the British and Irish in the 7th century.
Next, we’ll take a short reading and in our analysis discuss the fault of Trine Immersion and why this is a fundamental error.
Subscribe to this Podcast! RSS Feed
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.