Episode 35, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #20
Recently there were some comments by a Government Official of the Federal Government of the United States of America, where citation was made to Romans 13:1. Many secular agencies have given commentary on the event and the Scripture, but what’s the real understanding of this verse? Our answer must not simply seek to satisfy a theological position, but a textual exegesis. We will examine the immediate context in Romans 13. Then, the whole of Scripture, and what individuals did in both the Old and New Testaments. Including our God and Savior, Jesus. Then, we will return to verse 1, and seek to understand the words that are there used, in order to understand the Word of God more fully. The answer may surprise you.
After our Reading and Analysis, we’ll touch, very briefly, on the subject of supporting others in need.
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.