Episode 44, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #28
In our introduction today, we’ll discuss the Great City of Revelation 11, where the witnesses are slain. What is this Great City that is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt? What does the rest of Revelation say? What does the immediate context specify? There is no other place “where their Lord was slain” but Jerusalem of the nation of Israel. This place is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt. What does that mean? How does this help us to understand Israel’s future? Do we see a taste of their future in their present? An examination of Christian discrimination in Israel and the incredible prevalence of “Gay Pride” for all ages in Israel seems to fit the very state we see in Revelation 11. What is a Jew’s hope? Some future salvation? Or the only name given under Heaven by which we must be saved? Hasn’t the Savior come? Won’t the Judge of all the earth come next? Standing even at the door? We’ll discuss.
We’ll cover an interesting portion of our reading, and cover the beliefs of the Vaudois, and answer the question: How knowledgeable of the Bible were the old Baptists? Did they have the Bible?
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.