Episode 25, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #10
In our introduction today, we’ll cover the decline of the younger generation in the church by addressing a fundamental issue today. Should we take our children to church? Should we let kids figure out religion for themselves? Should we let children decide whether they want to go to church? We’ll read an article related to this and then find the answers we need in Scripture.
In our reading, we’ll start covering some interesting history, but we’ll notice some special similarities between the Donatists and Novatianists. Also, did you know that Constantine, who–we are told–was the “Christian” Emperor, persecuted Christians?
In our Analysis, we’ll cover, early writings, celibate clergy, what about popular symbols in church? And, are there really Anabaptists in early Christianity?
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.