Episode 32, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #17
Recently, at Red Bank Baptist Church in South Carolina, USA, decided to take down a statue of Jesus. The Sculptor, the secular Press, and others cry out against this removal. But what does the Bible have to say about this? We’ll examine Exodus 20:3-6, and see what the Bible has to say to all of us, asking the question: Is it ever right to have statues or images of Jesus? (or anything else religiously related, for that matter).
Next, we’ll have our reading and analysis, and notice a historical fact most interesting. We often hear about the Crusades in the Middle East. But did you know there were crusades proclaimed against the Baptists in Europe?
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.