Episode 28, Series 3
A Concise History of Foreign Baptists #12
In our introduction, we’ll discuss the widespread news of the possibility of “Christian” churches in Saudi Arabia. What is going on? What kind of Churches are these? What are some similarities of Catholicism and Islam? What are the beliefs of Islam? We’ll discuss all this and go into the notion of Abrahamic Religions. Where does this term come from? What does Scripture say that Abraham believed? Next, we’ll review the history of Catholic practice as it relates to what we see happening in Saudi Arabia.
Next, we’ll go over a short reading, and introduce next week’s introductory topic: Baptism as the foundation for the Lord’s Supper.
- Church Persecution, Hate Crimes. False Religious Liberty? Final Various Verses and Analysis.
- Matthew 16:18-19 Peculiar Elements, Context, Keys, etc. Final Questionable Passages, and Analysis
- Matthew 16:18, What or Who is the Foundation for a Church? Analyzing the whole of Scripture. More Q&A, “Difficult” Passages
- Where are the Wheat and Tares? What about Replacement Theology? What Ekklesia in the Septuagint? Question and Answer with Dr. Carroll.
- Is Church a good translation for Ekklesia? Can a town be a Church? Boundaries of definitions. The relationship of Church to Kingdom.